Could you be a Dentist?

We have been learning about the functions of teeth and how to keep them healthy!  Today we used disclosing tablets to check our teeth for plaque! 
Can you remember what these teeth do:

Incisors 

Molars

Canines

7 thoughts on “Could you be a Dentist?

1. I have 5 molars and they help me to grind the food and makes it very easy for me to swallow food . I have 8 incisors and they help me to tear the food very quickly and i also have 4 canines that help me to rip the food.

2. No 2 people have the same set of teeth. Unique as your fingerprint so be proud of your unique set of teeth. Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That’s enough to fill 2 swimming pools. Saliva has many uses including assisting you with your digestion and protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth. An average person spends 38.5 days brushing his teeth in the lifetimes.

3. The enamel on the top surface on your tooth is the hardest part of your intire body. Teeth start to form even before you are born. Milk teeth or baby teeth start to grow when the child is between 6-12 months old. Humans use 4 different types of teeth incisors, canines, premolars and molars to cut, tear and grind their diet. Humans have only 2 sets of teeth in their intire life time- baby teeth and permanent teeth. When you have your permanent teeth make sure you take good care of it.

4. You have 3 kinds of teeth in your mouth. The incisors include your front top and bottom teeth. These teeth are wide and sharp. They help you bite off food. Your canine teeth are the sharp,pointed teeth next to the incisors. These teeth help you rip and tear food. The molars are the flat back teeth. These teeth smash and grind food so you can swallow it.

5. Humans have a variety of teeth including molars, premolars, canines and incisors. Incisors help bite pieces from food.canines help hold and tear food apart. Molars help grind food. Teeth are covered in a hard substance called enamel. Teeth are surrounded by gums. Cavities can damage a tooth if left untreated. Braces are often used to help straighten or align teeth.

6. Teeth are used to help break down food and make it in little pieces. The first set sometimes called baby teeth features 20 teeth. The second set sometimes called adult teeth features 32 teeth. Baby teeth are usually replaced by adult teeth between the ages of 6 and 12.

7. I have 5 molars at the back of my cheek.They help you grind food. I have 6 Incisors. 2 at the top and 4 at the bottom. Incisors are sharp teeth and they help you tear, crush and cut food into smaller pieces and it’s easier to swallow. I have 4 canines. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. Canines are also called eyeteeth or cuspids are teeth used for ripping and tearing food that might be tough like meat. You have a total of 4 of them located next to your 4 top front teeth and your 4 bottom teeth.